Jonathan Poston M.E.
Digital Marketing Leadership
firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 606-9676
Income Store, Lancaster, PA - E-commerce Marketing Lead (SEO Manager Focus)
September 2017 - Current
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Identify keywords that attract our target audience.
• Oversee the writing of content that covers SEO-optimized topics/keywords, and publish that content when it is written.
• Regularly (at least once a week) monitor key metrics on my sites, including but not limited to overall traffic, conversion rates, and SEO rankings.
• Work with our outreach teams to get content mentioned and promoted.
• Occasionally, personally do outreach to get our content mentioned and promoted.
• Stay on the cutting edge of current SEO trends and strategies, particularly as it relates to e-commerce SEO.
• Implement changes to the design or other UX elements of my websites in order to improve user engagement metrics.
• Hire and manage contracted workers to help me with projects on an as-needed basis.
Key Performance Indicators
• On-page engagement (time on page, clicks to Add To Cart, etc)
• Conversion rates (blog post to product page, product page to cart, cart to completed checkout/purchase)
• SEO position rankings of new content I get published or existing content I tweak
• Performance of those who report directly to me
As an E-commerce Marketing Lead, I am responsible for creating the vision and direction for e-commerce websites in our network, and implementing marketing plans for those sites. This involves both high-level visionary ideas as well as very practical day-to-day tasks to get work done. I regularly track and report on various metrics on the sites I manage (i.e. www.99centrazor.com & www.weddingbandsforboth.com )
AmericanMusical.com, New York City area - Senior SEO Manager
February 2017 - September 2017
AmericanMusical.com, an IR 500 company, is currently the #5 ranked music focused e-commerce store in the USA and has over 8 major product categories (guitars, keyboards, drums, DJ, live sound, bass, etc.) , 13,000 SKUs, and over 25,000 site pages.
• Ecommerce Management:
100% oversight of SEO related resources (content, social, technical, data science & research).
• Developer Interaction
Leading developers to resolve technical errors, and to carry out major projects, like http to https transition (which was done without traffic loss).
P&L and ROI Responsibilities
Directing a team of content writers, graphic designer, developers / analysts, researchers / outreach specialists, etc .
• Revenue Growth: Increased monthly Organic SEO revenue by 20%; 28% for non-brand equity searches.
• Organic Traffic: Increased organic traffic by 85% on select brand story pages, 100% on select category pages, and up to 28% on select product pages (using limited resources).
• Content Marketing: managed production of over 100 pages of custom content, 500-1000 words, plus graphics.
Senior SEO Manager / Consultant
December 2013 - Current
• Leading SEO campaigns for numerous marketing agencies and clients including White Coat, Textivia, Pro Expressions Group. Heavy focus in ecommerce, medical - healthcare (surgeon groups, dentists, urgent care franchises, hospital systems, etc.), brick & mortar retail, manufacturing, higher education, and mobile apps.
• Direct content, dev, graphic design, sales for all SEO related deliverables.
• High ranking % on Google, increased traffic month over month across 95% of sites.
Warren Wilson College, Asheville NC — Business Professor
July 2012 - December 2013
• Taught: Marketing, Leadership, Management, Project Management, etc.
• Managed department budget & staff.
• Conferences: Attendee: Predictive Analytics Data Science Summit, Chicago IL; Key speakers from LinkedIn, Google, Riot Games.
• Highlights: 75 guest speakers to classes, led international penetration research for large sports e-store (China/Australia/Canada).
FastPivot.com, Asheville NC — Director of Social Media
• Ecommerce agency, used by: World Soccer Shop, 3M, Everlast, etc.
• Primary objective: creating and implementing social strategies for national brand clients.
• Directed full-stack marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
WordPress / Yoast
Ahrefs / SEM Rush / Raven Moz / Majestic / SEO Profiler
Keyword Research / Planner
Site url structuring
Pageload & Mobile testing
Local SEO / Google MyBusiness
On-Page SEO / Off-Page SEO
Technical SEO / SEO Audits
Bing Webmaster Tools
Google Algorithm updates
Htaccess / 301 redirects
Robots.txt / XML sitemaps
Structured Data / Schema
Google Analytics (Google Analytics individual qualification exam passed), Certification Dates: Dec 2017 – Jun 2019 Google Adwords Certified, Certification Date: Dec 2017 – Dec 2018
Business Data Online Metrics - Grade: A+ - Fall 2017 Graduate Course w/ East Tennessee State University Digital Marketing Master's Program
W.C.U. 2007 - M.E.; Entrepreneurship | 4.0 gpa
F.M.U. 1998 - B.S;, Psychology major, Philosophy minor.